Tuesday 22 October 2013

Nail Art of the Month! - October

 We've been bombarded with Galaxy Print Fashion items throughout 2013.. Galaxy print on leggings, trousers, tops, dresses, shoes, backpacks, clutches! Aaand (of course) NAILS!
 As much I would love a picture of a galaxy or nebulae as my screensaver, or as an 'eclectic' framed decoration on my wall (ooh! perhaps a picture of a black hole over the toilet which you can look when you flush! Too weird?..hmm well, we'll work on that)..I'd never wear it. Not as a clothing item.
But! I 'd totally try it on my fingertips!
And so I did. And you'll have to know that it came out reeally nice.
 I'm sorry for the unfocused following photos, I seem to have a bit of an issue with my camera. I'm posting them anyway because I believe they do more justice to the colours I used compared to the focused one.
 (with flash)

(natural light)

(natural light)

It is a very easy design you can achieve with the make-up sponge(or any dense sponge)technique. You need a black or very dark navy polish as base colour, a light blue or lilac, a pink or coral and a silver or multicoloured glitter one, and of course a base and top coat. I liked it a lot and I think it serves well for that time of the year as it is quite on trend with all the darker collours and the metallic/glittery finish.
thanks for reading!
have a nice day! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment